Anyways the project is still 30% incomplete and yesterday I went with my two other friends cum project partner HARI and CHANDRIMA to finally finish of the project(offcourse we couldnt finish even 5% of the remaining)..the day started like this..
Toinggggg(my sms tone!), flashed an sms in my much coveted blackberry.
'hapy chilled rains' or better chill drain's day..c u at ISI,11am sharp!today we will finish it off sure'- It was Hari,my sleep murderer."Arrey yaar kya tu bhi...destroyed my sleep for the godforsaken project which cant be done by me,how many times do I have to admit it!" Anyways woke up to see it was already 9:30 and freshened myself,grabbed the Times of India and like always sipped the coffee when its time for the hardworking lot to start their work at their office.It was another Toinggggg sound that came to my ear and the sms read 'where are you?we reached.you lazy hog!'-this time Chandrima. "Opps its 11!Arey what happened to me?Read the newspaper for over an hour!"..A wry smile surfaced in my face,a bit proud feeling that I can atleast read for over an hour!My semesters are knocking at the door and more than my mother's scoldings for myself not studying 1/10th of any hour at a stretch,the newspaper episode made feel good..The 3 Idiots film plashed on my mind and for a sec my super lazy,always searching for shortcuts brain felt "I can easily become a newspaper editor for a living noh!".Then the shouting from my mother made me ready to leave house by 11:45 in a manner almost like when you opt for an operation theater and gets up with no info on how and when you got operated as if in no time.
12:05Am,at ISI Kolkata- (Yes no need to raise eyebrows,I admit that I am lazy yet was late by an hour though the venue is the nearest to my house as compared to the rest two).
Hari- Welcome Sir,we had been waiting for you to start our project left over.(a pause with a fearsome look,his eyeballs fixed to my guilty face)..Sala,(beep),(beep)..,(beep).
Chandrima- This is not done..(she didnt say anything but may be the beeps in her mind were numerically more).
Me- Hey you all..nothing to over react..(didn't say anything more.)
We started of work in a computer lab,which can definitely called Antarctica,and I recommend all who do wish to visit Antarctica must visit the lab...It has a freezing temperature to protect a handful of costly computers (They behave as if we don't own computers and know nothing about their maintenance,huh!).Anyways we accepted the torture and started the work.Was usual We got struck in the same portion where we left last day.Why the hell did I opt for Engineering,that to IT!!! Just when we were about to boost up our morale as we got an important info from GOOGLE(our textbooks,our mp3s,our movie dvds and every other things a teenager would require :) ),we saw our mentor came in an gave a free self-esteem-lowering speech making us admit that we were inefficient and went back.Aah I forgot to tell about our mentor- He is Mr.Bose, a Mister Bose and strictly not a Professor Bose at the ISI,who claims to be teaching PHP to all Mtech students but still require the 'Learn PHP in 10 days' book and whose name surfaces at the bottom of every journals published of the least interest at the ISI premises.
It was almost 2,when due to him we had to remove our foot from the accelerator pedal and brake our boosted energy to again remind of ourselves why did we took up engineering! "I am hungry,lets go out and eat..had enough work already",said both Hari and Chandrima in a jolt. A cocktail of emotions was playing in my mind.To go out of the torture or to finish off the silly work that seemed never ending due to our innocence.. Finally being Me, I opted for the former and we three of us went to a not-nearby restaurant to firstly have good food and secondly and most importantly to kill time and escape the torture in a way which later would translate as 'Arrey we were eating,so time passed away..we were not chatting toh!'.
Back at the ISI by 5 (yes we wisely wasted a lot of time,[semester though not only knocking at the doors but also peeping inside without our permissions!!]),with a determination to work for another 1 hour..Went inside to find the machines still on and our codes flashing with the bubbles screensaver of Windows 7 in the foreground.
I don't want or rather feel wise enough to discuss the how the next 1 and half hours passed with PHP Bluefish editor giving way to Facebook screens in all out three machines..It was heights when we were chatting among ourselves sitting side by side!
6:30pm, we were out of ISI with no back up of the work that we did yeaterday as actually we didn't do anything if it is summed up.Again My silly brain did the trick..Made me felt proud with the same wry smile,that atleast I can spend so many hours at one of the most premier Institutes of India!Internally I felt this time "I can easily become the Supervisor of the Lab at ISI noh,for a living? No work just supervise.."..I went back home only to get praises from my mother for being so dedicated..I felt guilty but still it felt good to.Atleast for a change,a 22 years old getting praises instead of scoldings.Anyways I ended the day with two soap operas,I prefer not to mention,for being tagged girlish,had a sumptuous dinner and went to sleep only to wake up today at 9am to write this blog!
hahaha...
ReplyDeletegetting better day by day bro...
awesome one..
kudos...(:
Thank you buddy..
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting!...See every one has got personal views...Thank you for at least reading and sharing your views!
ReplyDelete