Friday, 11 November 2011

My 11.11.11- A day to regret....Read it as a story.


Well hello friends...My long awaited 11.11.11 finally came to reality when I woke up only to see what made the breaking news-Aishwaria's delivery or Rockstar's release..To my surprise nothing I saw in the TV, instead it was Australia vs South Africa's raining of wickets in one day and their competition of making history of making the lowest total in a test day,that was making news...anyways a drop of the toothpaste foam dripped down to my vest  in my effort to evaluate their success or failure...Ohh,did I forget to mention my mom's shouting?? Well from now onwards I will not mention further as it remains a constant 'k',value unknown(I am an engineer boss,kuch to pata hain..dont laugh or make an expression if you feel that its the worst PJ you have ever came accross).

Anyways,then feeling fresh and grabbing the newspaper(I have a condition that no one will read my newspaper before I read it first--yeah yeah I know that's bad) I went to my room to open it and read the same news again that I just saw on TV with a cup of tea.Actually these are tactics of wasting time..Again I am an engineering student,who I feel have the best ability to waste time without being noticed.Time passed by,till I looked at my clock and it was 8! ''Shittt..I need to rush.I have a campus interview today(that I came to know only some hours back,all credit to my ignorance)"....Suddenly all those unread news seemed unimportant to me and I closed the paper as if I was interviewed to get those news..within 1 hour I was ready and took the daily allowance from mom and "off I go!.." Took the college bus by persuading the helper of the bus who otherwise don't take students who have not paid for the bus fees,saved the money for something constructive though ended up buying a can of sprite at the end of the day adding to my over increasing tummy.

At 10 I reached the venue-my college which was almost like a deserted terrorist place a few days back after the protests of final year students due to bad campussing issues.The officials of the company called 'Acropetals' (my friend gave it a meaning-a crow sitting on a petals,seemed true to me though) came in and we settled in a room to give the test.After some super boring introductions all 133 students in the room,hoping to sit on the top of the crow may be,started the test and it concluded in 1 hour.I did a few portions on my own and then did a lot of eyeball exercises to surprisingly landing up among the top 33 who cracked the round one!!
Next the GD round...Mine was a batch of 9. To my surprise the tall black guy speaking a weird language over the phone(which I later knew to be Kannada) asked us to suggest him some GD topic and I,grabbing their attention suggested him "India Against Corruption".Then some of my friends suggested theirs.The guy consulted with a lady and chose mine.I started off well, in fact brilliantly getting a weird but good confidence ans ended on a high note.News spread among the students from the mouth of those present in the room that I spoke brilliantly and I must get through to the next round.I was happy for the first time after a long while that my name was in lips of others for a good cause.

Then came the reason why I titled my post like this.. a friend came down and said that the results were out and I was.........NOT SELECTED!!!!!!!! Many of my friends nearby witnessed how the contours of a happy face gets molded into a sad face..I wanted to cry.."How can I be not selected...I did so many things,spoke so well!!!".My heart started to feel heavy and my idiotic brain for long was disturbing me with a headache for long which added to my woes.But some how I managed myself and diverted my sorrows to give place to the happiness I got when I heard some of my classmates got selected.

I scurried back home with a heavy heart and told my mom the story.
"What?you had campussing today?I didn't know...You didn't tell me?",she said in a tone I would prefer not to remember.
"Yes,I had..I didn't want to make you feel tensed or disturbed,so..",came my reply to her though my eyes were fixed to the floor. Yes, I had taken my college dress in my bag and  though looked typically odd,I managed to put on a formal shoe which was not at all suiting the casuals that I wore while getting out of home.My mom almost caught me while I was on my way to leave house today when she saw the blue file I usually carry while going to face any interview.Somehow I made up a story.I lied to my mom saying I had practicals because I didn't want to prove each time that I am worthless and a failure and make them feel that their money for making me an engineer has hone to waste.

Okay enough of my 11.11.11 and I must stop now lest my straining eyes add up to the 'still' continuing brain ka locha(headache).

See you soon..good night...Read my blog and spread my blog and be a follower.

4 comments:

  1. have u heard d sayin--SAVE D BEST FOR LAST???kip faith in dat...dnt let a stupid rejection in gd fr a godforsaken cmpny take toll on u...chill yaar!!kip ur cnfidnc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not down..I used it to write a piece of writing.comment as if it is a story. And thanks @ sananda.

    ReplyDelete